Sunday, August 2, 2009
shopping spree at the dollar store
Trent has been a bit difficult lately and while I suspect a lot of that is due to his being 2 and testing boundaries, I think some more structured time to his day will help. So, we went to the dollar store today and bought a ton of educational-type activities and some good crafting items.
I just need to get organized, and then we can basically start "school" for Trent. I think a little bit of time here and there will really help, and all these goodies will make it extra fun. If anyone has any neat ideas for me, or wants to come do some toddler-friendly crafting, let me know. I'm definitely open to suggestions seeing as how I'm not especially creative/crafty!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Not creative/crafty my foot! Looks like you've got a great starter stash going on over there! Trent is going to have an awesome time with all of it, I'm sure!
ReplyDeletehaha, thanks Chesh! I am fairly crafty...but I"m the lone left-brainer in a family full of very artistic/crafty type people. I do okay, but all this stuff will make it all extra fun!
ReplyDeleteMaybe you can get candyland and work on his colors and shapes! He can say the shape and color before moving, that way he knows its a circle and not just yummy! (Let me know if you want my to bring out my phonics candyland board I made (once he gets to it you can teach him short and long vowels, a skill set for kindergarten...). Send me a text.
ReplyDelete