Tuesday, August 18, 2009

The hanging of a birdhouse

The hanging of a birdhouse is very serious work. Trent painted this little one all by himself about a week ago. Then, it had to be sealed so the little birdies wouldn't lose their colorful new home (of course!). Finally, it was ready to be hung....


Here he is, showing off his handiwork. He sure understands "hold it up so mommy can see" doesn't he?

At first, I think he thought the flamingo might like to live there.


Then, we decided that the bush next to the wind chimes would be an even nicer home!

Ryan was super thrilled with the whole process (obviously)


It took a while, but Trent found the perfect branch for his birdhouse. If you're in the neighborhood, you might ask him to show you- he's so very proud of the whole thing!

3 comments:

  1. Awww! He is sooooo precious! I love the way his birdhouse turned out, and I'm betting that little thing will be a memory from his childhood that will live in that little bush for many years to come! What flamingo in their right mind WOULDN'T want a home that awesome!??

    ReplyDelete
  2. awww what a sweet little birdhouse and artist, too!!! And hey...how is it that you have a flamingo?? I live in Florida and, while I thought it was a law, my husband disagrees and we don't have a flamingo! hehe I bet you'll have that birdhouse for many, many, many years!

    ReplyDelete
  3. floyd it the flamingo, he used to belong to someone on my mom's street and when they got divorced, neither one of the actually wanted the flamingos. I "adopted" one and I"m not sure where the other one went to.

    ReplyDelete