Saturday, September 12, 2009

Ladybugs, spiders, and who knows what else...

(this is us the other night)

me: it's time to get ready for your bath. grab the toys you want and put them into the tub.

trent: ducky! and the alligator. look mommy, ladybug

me: you don't have any ladybug toys trent. just grab the bath toys you want, and the ones you think ryan might like.

trent: ladybug mommy, it's a ladybug. look!

me: (leaning over to look and realizing he's pointing to a pretty hefty sized spider) no, that's a spider. let's get your daddy.

trent: oh, spiders are yucky.

...so today, I'm trying to make lunch and Trent & Ryan are both playing in the living room...

trent: mommy, a ladybug! there's a ladybug on my blocks.

me: (headed into the living room, sure I'm going to have to squash another spider) what? where?

trent: on the box mommy, with my blocks. ladybug is on the blocks.

No, not a spider or a ladybug...it's a fly! I'm sure Trent knows the difference between ladybugs and spiders, or at least I thought he did. He knows spiders are spiders when he sees them on webs and he can tell the difference in books, but in real life they all become ladybugs.

4 comments:

  1. I agree with Trent! I'd take a ladybug over a spider or a fly any day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ha ha ha!!! funny like every bug is BEE for Aadya!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Where did he get ladybug from? too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha!! I wish all insects were ladybugs! We've got a couple flies in the house that, if I could, I would wish into ladybugs because I can't ever catch them to kill them or shoo out of my house. It's so bad, my girls say, "Shoo bug/fly, don't bother me." Yes, I taught them to say it, but it's so cute!!

    ReplyDelete